Every year, approximately 20 students are admitted to the Master’s programme Music and Creative Industries. The programme always begins in Winter Semester. In addition to having a B.A. or B.Sc. in a relevant field, the applicant’s practical experience is a decisive factor in determining their admission.
Those who wish to apply to participate in an entrance exam, usually taking place in July of each year, must submit the following application materials by 15 June of the same year:
- Completely filled in application form
- Final certificate of the first degree with reference to the subject, including transcript of records. If the transcript of records is not yet available at the time of application, please submit a certified transcript of records with the grade point average achieved to date.
- Proof of university entrance qualification in the form of a certified copy of your diploma/graduation transcript.
- CV in tabular form in German
- An approximately 300 word letter of motivation in German typed on a separate sheet of paper that answers the following questions:
Why would you like to study at the Popakademie and under which conditions do you qualify?
In which professional field do you see yourself working upon completing your studies? Please justify your answers
- Proof by certificates or project reports of at least six months of practical experience, e.g. professional activity, internships, volunteer work in organization and administration in the fields of music, cultural or creative industries. If more than six months of practical experience are demonstrable, please enclose supporting documents as well.
For professional experience, you can also include various voluntary and part-time jobs and internships, provided that they have been of considerable scope and that these have been proven by certificates and/or project reports. Please submit only project reports of projects in which you were significantly involved and describe exactly your share of the project result or your areas of responsibility.
You are welcome to submit work and/or reading samples to prove your practical experience in the PR field.
ATTENTION: Practical experience that has not been submitted or confirmed cannot be taken into consideration.
Additional information for international applicants
- Proof of required level of German language, at least level C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, e.g. DSH exam level 2, must be supplied.
- A valid visa/residence permit must be submitted at the latest by the start of the programme.
- The Music & Creative Industries programme is accredited by the Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute ACQUIN.
- Students studying at the Popakademie Baden-Württemberg are eligible for BAföG funding.
- The beginning of studies is only possible during the winter semester.
- An applicant may take the entrance exam a maximum of two times.
- The date for the entrance exam is announced on the MCI Facts page.
- To meet the application deadline, upload June 15 by 11:59pm.
- Here you can find the regulation of the Ministry of Science, Research and Art concerning the qualification for studying at the Popakademie Baden-Württemberg (in German).
- There are no tuition fees for a consecutive master's programme at the Popakademie Baden-Württemberg. For international students and for those pursuing a second course of study, the universities of Baden-Württemberg are obliges to charge tuition fees.