Popakademie and YouTube award scholarships
12. June 2023
Together with YouTube, the Popakademie Baden-Württemberg awards the scholarship "Futuremakers Career Funding". The scholarship supports students with creative and innovative artistic project ideas as well as for their outstanding achievements in their studies with EUR 3,000 in funding each."The Futuremakers Career Funding from YouTube offers our students direct support and enables them to expand their artistic projects. We are pleased that the funding is part of our long-standing cooperation with YouTube," says Prof. Udo Dahmen Artistic Director and Managing Director Popakademie Baden-Württemberg. "We see supporting up-and-coming new artists as an important part of our work at YouTube, and so we are very happy about the long-standing and successful cooperation with the Popakademie and the joint grant. This year, Enya Boban was so convincing in the Futuremakers jury session that she was subsequently offered a contract with Irrsinn/Columbia. This shows what a great door opener the scholarship can be," says Kiki Ganzemüller, Manager, EMEA Music Partnerships.The following students will receive Futuremakers Career Funding:
- Enya Boban (Pop Music Design B.A. 2nd semester) for her project "Enya Boban".
- Pia Bornitz (Pop Music Design B.A. 2nd semester) for the project "PIYA".
- Luca Kohout (Pop Music Design B.A. 2nd semester) for the project "Luca Noel"
- Uyen Nhi Le (Pop Music Design B.A. 6th semester) for the project "UNI"
- Jonas Sercombe (Popular Music M.A. 4th semester) for the project "The Planetoids"
- Jakob Stöckl (Pop Music Design B.A. 6th semester) for the project "UHD"